Fuck, fuck, fuck, and more fuck…..this sucks

 I have been having pain in my hip since August of 2021.  When it first started I thought it was because I had just opened the daycare and was picking up kids, and getting up and down, and because I was working 65+ hours per week.  The pain persisted, and I just kept moving forward because what else was I supposed to do?  When I closed the daycare in February of this year I thought it would get better, but the pain never went away.  I tried resting and thought it was getting better, but it never went away and would seem to flare up off and on.  

I finally decided enough was enough so I scheduled an appointment with the doctor and sent her a message letting her know what was going on and asking if I should see her or go straight to see an orthopedic doctor. I got a phone call telling me they want to see me sooner, so I went in today.  They did an exam, and then sent me for x-rays of my knee and hip.  Very shortly after the appointment I got the results in MyChart and low and behold I have moderate arthritis in my hip.  What????  How can that be?  Don’t most people with arthritis feel worse in the morning and better as they move around?  Well that isn’t me.  I feel worse as the day goes on and feel pretty darn good in the morning.  

I hate that this has happened, and the worst part is medications that most people use are ones I cannot use.  I am allergic to all NSAID’s so that means I am very limited in what I can take to help me.  I did go buy some Tylenol Arthritis and started taking that.  The next step is to wait for someone from ortho to call me and schedule an appointment.

I am really hoping that we can find a solution to this because with how bad I have felt all these months I don’t want to go the rest of my life feeling like this.  It is heartbreaking.  I do not want to go another day feeling like this.

I guess in some ways it is good that I was able to find something wrong, and it wasn’t just in my head, or that I was too lazy to move.  I legit have pain which I suppose is good that it is finally acknowledged because now we can start to look at resources and ways to improve the outcomes.  

Here is to hoping someone from ortho calls sooner rather than later, and they get me in quickly, and we come up with a recovery and plan for moving forward.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….