Onto high school……

 I can hardly believe that yesterday my baby girl graduated from 8th grade and is now moving onto high school.  She is my last daughter to make this transition (only have a son left to make the move).  

Where has the time gone?  How could this be?  I can still remember her being that tiny little baby with the Mohawk that wouldn’t stay down no matter what we did.  

It was so great because yesterday two of her sisters came over to help her get ready.  One did her hair and one did her make-up, and she felt like a little princess getting ready.  You could just see her excitement.  

What is really funny about this day is she chose her dress off of amazon without ever trying it on.  I was so worried about that move, but it all turned out okay.  Then she found these shoes she wanted, but I felt they were too high.  I refused to buy them for her.  I found a pair that was slightly shorter, but looked exactly the same, but nope she didn’t want them.  I kept telling her these shoes would be uncomfortable.  She didn’t want to listen to me, so I allowed her to get the super high ones.  Before she even left the house she told her sisters how uncomfortable they were LOL.  

After her graduation there was a dance she went to, and when she came out she was in her bare feet carrying those shoes.  Why, you ask?????  Because her feet her.  I guess mom does know what she is talking about.  I think sometimes my kids forget I was their age once, and I do remember doing the same thing.  Insisting on the highest heels I could find only to find them so uncomfortable I couldn’t wear them all night.  Oh well, I guess live and learn, and someday she might have a daughter and have the same disagreement with her.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….