Woohooo…..hubby came home this weekend

 

I am so happy because hubby came home this weekend.  Yesterday we had the family over to celebrate our daughter’s 31st birthday a few days late.  We had a cookout, everyone sat around and enjoyed the beautiful weather, and we had cake.  

This morning when I woke up I did my whole daily routine like I do every day when he is gone.  When he woke up he found me outside sitting in my hammock swing drinking my coffee.  He decided to join me outside but quickly realized it was cold out LOL.

He got a blanket and sat out, but was less than thrilled by how chilly it was.  You can see it in his face when I took this photo.


After everyone got ready for the day we decided to take the kids out for lunch and then went on a hike.  At first we were going to go down to Grant Park, but we have been there so many times I just didn’t want to.  We actually got all the way to the park, got out of the car, and started walking and changed out minds.  Instead we went to Falk Park which is somewhere we have never been to.  It is strange because this little park is very close to our house, and i never even knew it was there.  We decided to walk the trail, and it took us forever.  There were some parts of the trail where we weren’t sure if we needed to go left or right.  At one point we went right when we should have gone left, and ended up not where we wanted to be.  We quickly remedied that and got back to where we were supposed to be.  

As we were walking we heard a lot of noise.  I thought it was other people walking on the trail, but then suddenly we saw a huge deer running off to our right and it crossed right over the trail where we were walking.  It was so cool to see.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….