What did I do today?

  I spent a good portion of my day with a notebook, and taking notes on tips and tricks for freeze drying (and dehydrating).  I went to a bunch of facebook groups and just started to read through the questions and answers.  I also compiled a list of foods that I could try to freeze dry once the machine comes.  I also went on youtube and started watching some videos with more information and took notes from those as well.  I saw in one video that the person had dividers that they used when making things like spaghetti (or anything that would be portioned out). The dividers help to create portions versus trying to break it into pieces after it is freeze dried.  I love that idea, and so I went on a hunt and found some dividers and purchased them, so I will have them when the freeze drying machine comes.

As luck would have it Brad was out shopping, and apparently he found a store in Ohio that has them in stock.  I am so bummed about that because I could have had him buy me one and bring it home, and I wouldn’t have had to wait for mine to come.  Unfortunately I cannot cancel the one I bought because there would be a restocking fee of 15% which I don’t want to pay and/or lose.  These things cost enough without worrying about paying extra.  

I also talked with my mom today, and when I have enough stuff to do some canning she is going to teach me how.  I originally wasn’t going to can because it seems like a lot of work, but decided I might give it a try.  If after she teaches me if I like it then I will buy my own supplies.  I just don’t want to jump in because it is all so expensive.  There are the canning pots for one type of canning, and then there is a pressure canner for another type of canning.  In order to buy both would be another couple of hundred dollars.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….