This past weekend

 


This past weekend I decided to do the Mud Girl Run.  I wasn’t thinking whenI signed up that this event is more than just doing some fun obstacles, but instead it involves walking a 5K.  I am proud to say that even though it was hard I did it.  I walked the entire thing, and did almost all of the obstacles.  I skipped one called Twin Peaks…..that mud was deep and the climb out looked exceptionally difficult.  I also didn’t do one where you had to pick up a big potato sack and carry it.  There was no way I was going to chance hurting my back lifting that thing up.  

Of course, during the event the girls thought it would be funny to pretend I couldn’t do it, so they picked me up and started carrying me.  They thought they were being hilarious.

In the end we all crossed the finish line.

I will admit I felt so accomplished because I didn’t think I would make it, but alas I did!!!!  Of course, I paid dearly for doing this event.  The pain in my hip was immense and almost unbearable.  I know Brad was worried about me, but I keep trying to tell myself that this is my life now, and I have two choices…..1) push through and just do it or 2) sit down, cry, not move and find myself using a walker and then wheelchair.  I am not okay with the latter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

My newest venture…..

Does anybody like…..