Freeze drying chicken today

 


Today is the day I am going to try and freeze dry rotisserie chicken.  I bought three good sized chickens yesterday at Walmart and deboned it and spread them over four trays.  Honestly, I probably could have done four, but they were a little over $6 a piece so I struck with just three of them.  

I then put them in the freezer overnight so they could freeze and this morning I realized the kids tossed groceries on top yesterday and dumped the trays over.  Thankfully I had tray covers on them, but that also meant all the chicken froze on one side of the pans, so I had to hack away at the chicken to separate it and spread it back over the trays evenly.  What a chore.  Then in the freeze dryer they went.  Many people say these turn out really good, so I am hoping that is the case.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….