Ice cream sandwiches done…….next batch in

 

Last night as I waited up for my bread to be done I noticed around midnight the freeze dryer with the ice cream sandwiches was done, so off I went to package those up.  I filled three large mason jars with them, and then filled three Mylar bags with sandwiches to save for future use (no one needs to eat 36 ice cream sandwiches LOL).  Finally went to bed well after midnight, and then woke early this morning to get the freeze dryer going again.  

I decided to do strawberries this morning because I saw the container I just bought yesterday was going bad already, so cut up what was still good and tossed those on a tray.  Cut up two trays worth of bananas, and then last night Cassandra brought me some green beans from her garden so I decided to toss those on a tray.  I think Brad might like the freeze dried green beans as a snack.  

The lasagna and pasta I decided to leave in the freezer for the full 48 hours to make sure everything is really frozen solid, so that will go into the freeze dryer tomorrow.  Once the fruit and veggies come out then I will prep some breakfast stuff and toss that in the freezer for 48 hours to solidly freeze.  One thing I have realized is that I need another set of trays if I plan on running this thing nonstop.  One set of trays in the machine, and then two sets for freezing.  I think if I rotate through three sets of trays that should be good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….