Freeze dried chili

As I am exploring using my freeze dryer more and more to make meals for hubby to take with him when he travels……chili was one that came to mind.  I wasn’t sure how good it would be, but figured I would give it a try.  I made a large pot of chili (also made a smaller pot of low protein chili for my daughter), and was shocked that this large pot actually filled four whole trays and then there was even some left over for me to eat.  It went into the freezer to freeze for 48 hrs and then into the freeze dryer.  I don’t remember exactly how long it took, but I do know it was over 30 hours to process.  When all done I put some of them in glass jars figuring it would be easiest for hubby when rehydrating.  All he has to do is add hot water, and instant (healthy) meal.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….