Been so busy lately making yummy stuff for the family

 This past week I spent a good amount of time making yummy foods and treats for my kiddos.  Everyone seems to love dehydrated apples, so when I found myself with tons of them I dehydrated some and made homemade applesauce out of the others.  

I also found myself with tons of bell peppers and wasn’t sure what I should do with them, so while my freeze dryer was busy with other foods and my dehydrator was busy making apples, I tossed these in the oven on a very low temperature and dehydrated them in there.  Not really sure what I am going to do with them now that they are done, but will probably add them to soups or stews or other recipes.  


Oh my goodness are freeze dried oranges good.  I also found myself with tons of oranges, so into the freeze dryer they went.  My plan is to dip them in chocolate for a treat at my daughter’s house for Thanksgiving.  I am always trying to find “different” things to make.  

I also currently have some orange slices (with the peels still on them) in the dehydrator because I saw that those can be good dipped in chocolate as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….