It’s cold outside, so time to stay indoors……

  It is cold outside so that means staying indoors and finding something to do.  I decided to work on food storage prep.  I have lots of peppers in the freeze dryer.  Unfortunately I screwed something up and my screen froze on the machine so I had to unplug it and restart it.  Had that not happened it would have been done this morning when I work up.  

Brad and I checked out he Flashfood app this morning and found several produce boxes listed.  We went in and got three of them.  This gave us a bunch of apples, oranges, and bell peppers.  I  decided to cut up apples and put some of those in the dehydrator.  I also cut up some to make homemade applesauce which I am going to can when done.  


I cut up all most of the bell peppers, and am dehydrating those in the oven.  While I was cutting them up Penny kept coming by me and waiting for me to drop a pepper.  When she got them she quickly ran off with it.  Of course, very quickly Lola and Lilly realized what was going on, and they joined in and wanted some.  I ended up with a tray of red peppers, a tray of yellow peppers, and a tray of orange peppers.  There were also a lot of seeds.  I am not sure how the whole seed thing will work, but I decided to save them and dry them out to see if I can grow peppers from them.  I know that if they are a hybrid they won’t grow, but I am going to give it a try.  Nothing lost but time if they don’t work out and if they do then I will benefit from more peppers LOL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is her 31st birthday

After being gone for six weeks…..

His next assignment….